Saturday, August 31, 2013

Puzzle Bulletin Board

My 8th year of teaching is officially underway, and I have to admit that I have a fantastic class this year.   I'm so excited for this school year because when you have a great group it's easier to do projects that promote learning when you have students that don't need to be reminded to continually stay on task.  I can't wait to share some of these future projects with you!

Here is one of my bulletin boards that I'm so proud of!!   To start off, I have an orange wall so it's difficult to use a few colors like red or yellow.  I bought a navy blue twin flat sheet to use as my background where most teachers use paper.  I did this as a time saver because the lights in my room always fades the paper.  The cloth can stay up all year long and I don't have to keep changing it as the year goes on.

Then, I started my search for a puzzle piece.  I actually tried to make a puzzle piece by hand but you know how that always turns out...and it wasn't quite what I wanted. So, I continued my search and I found a FREE template on TpT from Creative to the Core.  You can find the the puzzle template here

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Free-Puzzle-Piece-Clip-Art-8-png-images-750341

I printed the white puzzle piece out on different colors of construction paper and then added my students names for a great finished product.  I added my name and my student teachers name so that we show right away that we are all a team and work together!

Do you have a great bulletin board design?  I'd love to hear about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment