Saturday, June 22, 2013

Non-Fiction Text graphic organizer -FREEBIE

Here is my weekly freebie!

I made this document because I have always struggled with having a graphic organizer for non-fiction text.  New ELA common core standards are going to require teachers to provide more non-fiction to students to work through.  At my school we use Time For Kids for a magazine subscription.  I typically just give out the T4K and then have them read in partners then we come back together to discuss after 20 to 30 minutes.

However, with common core we need to use these magazines as more of a teaching tool.  So, I've made graphic organizers for popular magazines that are used in the classroom; T4K, National Geographic, and Social Studies (you can use this at any time during the year with textbook).

In this organizer, students will be asked to identify main idea, details, questions they still have about the text, and text features.

ENJOY!!


You can find these free products HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment